Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Zumba instructor is a Super Star!

Tonight's Zumba was great as always. The instructor usualy has a playlist ready for us at his Ipod, but this time he said "Let's try something else and just have fun with it!" He just received a new cd from the Zumba community (?) with new zumba music and new choregraphs.. But since he is so talented himself, he said he didn't want to use the choregraphs  that came with the cd, so instead we were gonna try something new. Brand new steps to brand new music. It was "crazy fun." I love that he makes steps and routines that everyone should be able to follow.. Of course, when he says now do this and that with the arms, I loose focus a lot.. When I dance, I'm used to only think about my feet and let my arms do pretty much what they want to do. But with Zumba, everything has to be controlled.. I see some progress, though.. And I've only been doing Zumba for 2 months, so I still have time ahead of me.

The instructor is from Brazil and today he taught us a dance that they dance at the Braszilian carnival. He said "when you go to the carnival in Brazil, all you need to wear is underwear and good dancing shoes" Cause it's so crowded and you sweat a lot. Then he talked about my shoes again..  Saying that "all the way back in this room, there are some nice zumba shoes and they're really good!" I showed them all my shoes again and that was it. I'm realy pleased with my shoes. Knowing how weak my ancles are, I need the best shoes possible, which was also why I wanted to buy the special shoes.

In the second class, he said he wanted to play some other music that what he played at the first class, since he know that some of us joined both his classes. It was funny. When I went to the toilet to change my t-shirt in the break, one of the other women asked me if I was leaving, cause they're so used to me being at both classes.. Ha.. Of course I was staying for the second class. When I had changed my t-shirt in the bathroom, the instructor was waiting outside to do the same. Zumba is great. It makes you burn calories and have fun at the same time. I love it!

Because the Zumba instructor is so talented, he just got a new job to do abroad in the near future.. But he promised that whenever he was abroad, he would send in a guest teacher. With his talent, I'm sure he will only let us have the best of the best.. But of course I prefer him to anyone.
He said he's been working with Usher, Madonna and MTV. So I wonder who he's going to be working for now. I feel blessed to have him as my instructor. His talent might not be rubbing off, but he always says he's satisfied with the work we put into zumba. And I'm sure he's not gonna forget about us. He realy gives us the impression that we mean something to him. I'll make sure to sign up for all classes in the future, him or a guest instructor, it's all good, cause all I want is to Zumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment