Monday, August 30, 2010

My weightloss is showing

I was looking forward to today's zumba. I signed up for 2 and had so much fun.. As always.

Today diffentent people came to me and congratulated me on my weightloss. They said they could see a big difference with me from when I started zumba 2 months ago. It makes me so happy to know that people can actualy tell that my hard work is paying off. I'm on a roll here and I know that if I don't go to zumba most days of the week, I'll end up with my old habbit of sitting at home in front of the computer every day. Zumba is so much more fun!

I went to re-fill my water bottle in the break. When I got back, the instructor was already calling our names.. When he came to mine he said "K... she's always here!" No wonder... if he's there, I'm there. No really, I just love dancing and this is a great alternative to going out clubbing every week-end like I used to do when my friends were single and didn't have kids.

He said that next week he won't be joining us as he's attending a dance expo in the Netherlands. Instead he'll be sending his friend who has a latin dance studio in another city.. I doubt that this new guy can live up to what we're used to, but either way, I think we'll be having fun no matter what. Another change for next classes by the male instructor is that it's in the afternoon. I'll be coming straight from work, which is a new experience for me. I used to do that when I went to the other gym once a week. I also signed up at a Zumba class at the other gym straight from work Wednesday. What I'm looking forward to the most, is not coming home so lste in the evening!

Yesterday I bought my ticket for the Zumba marathon in town. It's October 9th. I still don't know anyone who's going, but I decided that Zumba is my life now, so I should show up and see how much fun it's going to be. It's quite expensive to participate, but since the money will go to support the Breast Cancer awarenes campaign, I'll be glad to do it. Especialy since my mom just celebrated her 10th. anniversary of being cancer free after dealing with breast cancer.

The instructor mentioned the Zumba marathon today and said he would be one of the instructors at the event. Of course I already knew that. He also said that some of his other Zumbanistas from Sweden might attend. I don't know what to think about that. I know the instructor is so popular, but why would people from Sweden show up? Is it cause we're not good enough, so he's bringing them to show off? Hmmmmmm It's ok, I know he likes me and my moves even if I still haven't figured out how to work both my feet and arms at the same time. I think what he likes the most, is that everyone in his classes are doing their best to keep up.

Now I'm resting a bit before going to bed. Tomorrow I have a zumba class with the female instructor. Her classes are so different. It's more like speed dancing than zumba. I know she's not a certified zumba instructor, but I also think that one of the differences that ocur is that she's from Colombia and the male instructor is from Brazil. The guest instructor we'll have next week is from Peru and he joked about his height. Aparently he's very short. None of the instructors in the other gym are certified Zumba instructors and they're all Danish. So all in all, there's a big difference in skills etc. But it's ok. I know that we get the most qualified classes by the guy who has the certification. He's also the most educated and talented of them all. I don't think I'll ever stop feeling honoured being one of his students/ zumbanistas.

No comments:

Post a Comment