Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Zumba - 3 classes done - 3 more to go!

I am resting on the sofa before going to bed.
Today was a zumba class with the female instructor. She tends to do things fast and it's up to you if you wanna keep up or go in your own tempo. I always try to keep up, but when she starts to rush too much, I think about my weak joints and go in my own tempo.. I sweat a lot, like usual.

Yesterday I had 2 zumba classes with the male instructor. People are different and I alwaye hear people discussing which instructor is the best. I realy think he is! He takes the time to explain things and will show us routines without music first, to make sure we got it. That's the main difference. He's been as dancer and choregrapher most of his life, so I think he has great teaching skills, and I like that. And of course I also like the fact that he is a guy with a cute smile and great sense of humor. He said that in his next class, we will be dancing African style zumba. I'm looking forward to that. I have been to quite a few African partys and love African music, so no matter what, tomorrow will be fun! I already imagine a lot of butt shaking.

Speaking of butts.. Tonight our Columbian instructor wore white pants and you could see right through them.. So I couldn't help but think to myself how much more pleasent it had been watching the male instructor's butt than her thong!

I went to the mall after work today. I wanted to check out the "Zumba clothing package" the sport shop had in the catalogue. It was a realy great offer. But when I tried it on, I didn't like it. The shirt was too thin and the capri pants were a bit too tight, so I decided not to buy it. Instead I'll but the "Crazy Happy" top I wrote about earlier.
Tonight I heard that there might be some changes in the new schedule at the gym I go to for zumba now. I was hoping it would be for the better, but instead it sounded like there is only going to be one weekly zumba class.. And I was realy happy with going 4 times a week. Now I have to come up with something else again. And since the male instructor is so popular, I think he stops, too. I realy hope that's not true, cause I' going to miss him. But I'm doing my research, so hopefuly I'll be able to maintain my busy schedule in the future. I check evey zumba option there is in town, just to see if it can make my life and schedule any better.

I wore my new zumba/ dance shoes yesterday. And funny enough, someone brought flyers from the shop I got them from.. The instructor saw it and said a few words about the shoes... He also said, of the two pairs on the flyer, the one I bought was the best for zumba. So I was right when I decided that the whole sole was better for my weak ancle. He didn't say why, he just said it was better. I don't think he saw that I was already wearing a pair. I could definitely feel a difference. The new shoes feather better in the heel. I still need to adjust to them a bit, but today they felt normal to wear.

(Written Tuesday, August 17, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment