Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Me as center of attention...

Today I had 2 classes of zumba.. I already ran out of my normal gym clothes, so I was a bit worried when showing up in my haremspants that I found suited me fine, yet I wasn't sure how comfortable they would be to dance in.. I tested a few dance steps at home, and decided it would be best if I wore something underneath. And I'm glad that I did.. Cause we were doing fast twist which meant that my thighs would be sticking together if it wasn't for my tights underneath.

The male instructor always makes sure that we understand the meaning of zumba, which muscles we're working with when we do this and that and so on.. And another thing he always mentions are.. Shoes. Some people think that because zumba is based around latin dancing, they should come without shoes. Other people use running shoes or even just flat sneakers. Because of my weak ancles, I was testing out different shoes cause it's very important for me that I use shoes that are very soft. Well, the instructor talked about the many people who were using the wrong shoes in today's class. Then he said that there was some real zumba shoes designed for dancing. And to help him out a bit, I pointed to my shoes and he was so happy to see them!! He then came to be, brought me to the middle of the floor, lifted my leg, twisted it and started talking about my shoes. It was very funny! He also said they were so new that he could kiss them. This guy is the best. It's true what they say, his energy rub off on all of us.. No wonder he's always so happy. He teaches zumba 23 hours a week. I'm happy with just a couple of classes. Tomorrow will be my sixth zumba class this week. I'm so proud of myself and I'm also so happy that I found a new sport, something that works for me.. Something that I love doing!

Zumba is keeping me busy. I no longer sit in front of the computer or tv all day. I always have something to do. I love it! I don't feel bored anymore at all.

From September, there will be a new zumba schedule at the gym.. I can now take the classes on Tuesday and Friday only.. But I can combine those with classes at another gym. For the fun of it, I looked around various gyms to see if I could add more days. But when I look at the prices, I don't think I'll do it. But never say never.
I have decided to move all my old posts on the blog to my new blog. I was never realy happy about the name of this blog as I decided to dedicate my life to zumba.. So my new blog is http://www.zumbaliciousliving.blogspot.com/ and I love the name!
 
(Written Wednesday, August 18, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment