Sunday, August 22, 2010

Couldn't stay away from Zumba!

I woke up this morning with a funny feeling in my body.. I needed a zumba fix. It might have something to do with the fact that I was determined to go check out the new gym in town so I would know how it was before attending zumba there in the near future.

I checked the program for the new gym and saw they had zumba on today's schedule.. And since I was already going in there to get a tour, I signed up for the class.. Let's face it. 3 days without zumba was just too much for me to go through.. So I signed up for a class in the afternoon.

I got there about 40 minutes earlier so I had time to have the tour and hopefuly do my regular routine weights. Since the new gym is located right in the center of the city in a brand new mini mall, I asumed that the gym would be bigger than the one I usualy go to. But I was wrong. It was very tiny. The changing room was smaller and they only had one of each machine.. Except for the treadmill and bikes. I guess it was easier for me to find what I needed since the place was so small. I managed to do 5 of my usual 6 routines. I couldn't use the total abdnormal machine since someone was at it.. But all in all I was happy with my work out. The room for the zumba class was very small and very packed. I never saw this many women show up for zumba before. That just shows how much people feel like dancing on a Sunday afternoon.

Before we started dancing, two women came to me and asked me about my shoes. They noticed I wore real zumba shoes and wanted to see them underneath, so we talked a bit and I told them where to find the shop. For some reason, people either think that the zumba shoe shop is only on-line or in another part of the city. I know for a fact that people have been going to the shop after the male instructor at the other gym, had advised them to get proper shoes. I'm sure these two women had been at the class when he demonstrated my shoes, but I didn't recognise them.. I felt like the center of attention again.

The zumba instructor turned out to be my favorite instructor in the gym chain. She's always full of energy and know how to make everyone kick ass. She brought two new songs today that she wanted to test out. And she said that we were very succesful, so she'll be using those songs again. Of course I forgot which songs it was.. One of them was "Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps."



I wore one of my new t-shirts and I feel like going back to the store to buy more. The fabric was so loose and breathable that although I was sweating like I used to, it didn not show on the t-shirt. Now that is a great ability for a t-shirt to have on those days when I have 2 hours of zumba in a row. So I'll definitely be wearing the other one tomorrow and then go back to the store and buy more.

I keep looking on-line for zumba music.. Zumba music is still very new to me. Well reggaeton I already knew, but latin music is new to me.. And every night I'll go on youtube looking for new songs. Sometimes I can't find the music there, but then I will try itunes to see if I have better luck. I just found a song I have been looking for several times... It's "Academia do Créu" by Mc Créu in a special Zumba mix that the male instructor always have us do. He's Brasilian.. The song is actualy from an album called "Funk do Brasil." I don't know Portugese, but the thing with music is, you don't have to understand the words as long as you understand the rhytm. I know Spanish, though, so in some of the songs we use in Zumba, I'll know what they sing. Well, I'll download the album from Itunes tomorrow. In the meantime, I want to share this video.. I think it was a very creative use of the song



And one of my relatives found this video for me today.. He didn't know this, but the instructor we had at Zumba today, always has us drawing those boxes.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment