Sunday, September 26, 2010

Almost didn't make it to Zumba today.

I almost didn't make it to Zumba today.

I got up early to make sure I had time to catch my bus in time... But then I remembered that my parents were driving in the direction of the gym, so I asked if I could get a ride. They picked me up and we were on our way. But as we were halft way there, the car broke down big time.. It could've caused an accident, but luckily, my dad was able to take the car to the curve and nothing happened. My dad's friend came from far away to pick up my parents, so I decided I had no time to waste and started walking.

But there I was. Stuck in the middle of nowhere since we had taken a short cut. I had no idea which direction I should walk, or where to catch a bus. Looking at the time, it became clear to me that I was not going to be able to make it to zumba on time. I found a bus stop and waited 5 minutes for a bus. I decided to call up the gym to let them know about my situation and to let the instructor know that I was on my way, so he should not lock the door. I got on the bus not knowing where the nearest bus stop was. I asked the drivers and he set me off infront of the museum 10 minutes before the zumba class started.. I knew I had a pretty long walk ahead of me, so whenever I thought I had enough breath for it, I would run.. But stressed as I was, I decided to speed walk instead. On my way, I prepared myself the best way I could, when rushing to the changing room. Luckily I had already put on my gym clothes at home. I got to the gym 5 minutes late. Then took off my clothes, grabbed my dancing shoes, water bottle and towel and rushed to the fitness room. On my way I filled my bottle with water, then took a deep breath and opened the door quietly. The room was packed. The door is in the corner, so I just snuck in, found a spot in the corner, put on my shoes and started following the instructor. They were still just warming up... Phew... I made it. But I was so sweaty when I arived and had a hard time calming down.

When class was over, I took off my sweaty clothes and realised that I had been sweating more than usual thanx to my stress and rush.. But never did I feel like I was gonna fail. Cause I'm a winner now!

I keep thinking what the instructor was thinking when he called my name and I wasn't there? I have been to every single one of his classes, so this was really an unusual day. But I made it and I'm darn proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment