Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wacky thriller dance... My Saturdays are no longer Zumba free!

I was lucky to receive 2 text messages telling me that there was a spot open for me at the 2 Zumba classes Friday afternoon, so I went yesterday, very happy!

It was some very hectic zumba classes... By hectic I mean... I sweat my butt off, but was able to hang in there.. Maybe I was giving myself a little too much, but it's hard not to with the instructor we have.. He gets so happy when  he sees us sweating like crazy.. I like it, too.. However, there are some steps used in a certain song, that I have a hard time with.. Why? Because I'm not good at jumping due to my weight and weak ancles.. So what happens when I actualy think I do a darn good job? My ancle starts bugging. Luckily I didn't feel it during zumba... but later in the evening I felt it. I hope we don't have to do those steps again today cause it's really hard on my ancles.

The zumba instructor actualy sent home a woman yesterday because she didn't bring shoes... He said he's classes are so intense, that people need to wear shoes, and dancing shoes of course are the best. I see more and more people wearing the proper shoes now and still loads of women come to  me asking for directions to the shoe shop. There's only one shoe shop in the country to sell the special dance shoes for zumba and luckily she in our town. Knowing how hard yesterday's classes were on my ancle, I know now why he sent home the woman without shoes. He also says he didn't want his reputation to get bad because of someone who eventualy could be saying he let her dance without shoes.. I think he was fair.

I woke up early this morning because I have a Zumba class at 11 AM. with my favorite instructor... The Brasilian guy from yesterday's classes. I'm so happy that he now offers Zumba on Saturday, too.. He said it was a way of helping the people who used to go to his Tuesday and Wedensday classes, that has now been taken off the program. I'm just so happy that I'm able to join both classes on Friday and Saturday, cause he's really talented... Even when he tried to make us dance like the monsters in thriller...

Made me think of this crazy video of the inmates dancing at a Phillipino prison..


Of course he only taught us a few slow motion steps.. He likes to have fun with us. I can tell that everything he does, he does it with a passion and I envy him for having the talent and job he does!

I love to dance, but freestyle is what I do best...

No comments:

Post a Comment