Saturday, October 2, 2010

I skipped Zumba on Tuesday to be with the girls.

This past week has been busy as always with Zumba Monday, Wednesday, Friday and today.
I skipped Zumba Tuesday as my friends wanted to take me to the movies.. Since I have a busy zumba schedule, I allow myself to take a day or two off if I feel like it. I'm glad I did it. We saw "Going the Distance" and the movie was great.. I prefer romatic movies when I'm going to the movies, so this was a great choise.

Wednesday the instructor introduced us to "waacking" in the last 2 minutes.. I never heard of waacking, but it seemed very funny, so I decided to look up waackng on youtube. Waacking is a way of dancing with your arms.. I always use my arms when dancing, but I never think about what I'm doing. With waacking you have to think a lot about what you're doing. Here's a short introduction of waacking.


I heard on the radio that yesterday was International "dress as your hobby day." So I thought yesterday would be the perfect day to break in my "Crazy Happy" Zumba top. I think the instructor liked it. He gave me the biggest smile and a cute litte "hello wave." Friday I had two zumba classes as always. And although he once said that he doesn't remember people's names, but their faces, he definitely know who I am by now. No wonder, I've been to every single one of his zumba classes at this gym. But then again, with his busy schedule of aprox 45 various dance and zumba classes throughout the country, it's nice to know that I've made an expresion so he remembers me!

This morning I took the bus to zumba and was there on time.
Today we had to learn some new routines. As always, my arms are trouble. When the instructor has his arms to the left, I have mine to the right and the other way around. It just feels more natural to me and I'm guessing it has something to do with my constant use of my arms whenever I freestyle dance at a club.. But I don't know. I try to copy his arms and get better.
One of the women asked me if I was going to the Zumba marathon in town next Saturday.. And I said yes. She then said that she wanted to go, too.. So I told her I didn't have anyone to go with and she said "let's go together".. That means a lot to me. Although I was determined to go even if I was going alone. We didn't make any specific plans on where or when to meet, but as we're going to the zumba class in the morning, we can make the arrangements then. I'm getting more and more exited about the Zumba marathon.

The Zumba marathon is just one week away. As I've heard that more than 300 bought a ticket, I know it's going to be hard to put my water bottle and towel in a corner as I'm used to. So I had to come up with a way of carrying my water and towel without it making it difficult for me to move. A friend gave me an idea and I think it's gonna work. She suggested a waist bag.. I had one, but as my usual water bottle didn't fit, I will have to use another one. But I have several so I already found a substitute. The bag is perfect cause it also has two smaller pockets where I could fit my wallet and ticket into. So it's a perfect solution.

I found my new favorite socks for when I'm working out.. They're short socks with a mesh on top leaving the feet to breathe. I got a great deal, so I bought 10 pairs. That should get me through the week ok.

Zumba is fitness and not dancing.. But to me it's a mix, but yes.. I notice that more and more of what we're doing in our routines is actual workout. Today I feel it in my thigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment