Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's been a very busy week!

It's been a very busy week for me and the week is not even over yet! The only day without any zumba, samba, latin or dance fit, was Thursday. I love that I always have something on my schedule.. However, this week, I've also been spending a lot of time on the computer, as I had 2 big family events coming up, that needed my attention. I've been writing, editing, printing and folding songs for the confirmation party, which is a tradition we have here. To write a song about the life of the person we'te celebrating. I also had to make the invitations for my parents' 25th. Anniversarry in July.

Yesterday my cousin had his confirmation in church, followed by a confirmation party for the family. Yesterday was a national holiday here in Denmark, so we all had the day off from work. Me and my brother was not invited to the church, as the church benches would not fit the entire family. It was pure luck to me!!! That same morning as my parents were on the way to church, I could get a ride with them to the gym, that is only 2 minutes away from that particular church.. Our zumba instructor made a funk, zamba and zumba event for us that morning, as normal zumba classes in the afternoon were canselled due to the holiday.

Funk was something completely different than what we were used to. He used r&b mixed with hip hop and broke down a choreography for us to learn step by step. It felt very awkward, cause usualy we just follow his choreography through an entire song.. But this is how they teach real choreographys, I know. Similar to what we do in dance fit. Well, it was fun to try something new, but this is why I never joined a dance school. I think people look so stiff when they've been taught a special way.. Me, I like to put my own twist on the dance moves, and I always get compliments on my dance when I'm out. People ask me where I learned to dance and I tell them: the dance floor :) Music is what makes me dance!! For the fun of it, our instructor tried to bring us to the floor, to see if he could make us do some break dance.. With no luck of course ;)
One of the songs we used during funk was one of my favorite songs..

I admit it, I might be almost 35 years old, but the hip hop beats will always remain in me and Fat Joe is one of my favorites. Of course the instructor also had to bring a little Usher flavor to the class as well, so he played this one.

I guess I don't have to tell you that I'm a big Usher fan, right? But lately I was starting to think Ne-Yo would replace Usher.. But together the two of them make some fine music.. and videos ;)

Samba was fun, too.. However, when he put on some strange gypsy music, I found it very hard to follow the music.. And when the music was speeded up, it was just crazy and you couldn't do anything but try your best and have fun with it! This morning, I feel the samba in my butt! And with all the food we had at the party yesterday, which was all ecological, I wonder if I'll be able to move at zumba in 30 minutes.

Tomorrow there's an out door zumba event in town, which I'll write more about later!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment