Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dancer's feet and samba

I have waited long enough.. It was definitely time, so I finaly did it! I made a nice foot bath with lavender oil, in which I'm currently resting my dancing feet. You know how ballet dancer's feet look? No, that's not how bad mine are, but I will say, you can see that my feet is definitely showing signs of being stressed and squeezed. So I'm currently enjoying my first footbath in years and I've actualy decided, that I will turn this into a habit. So from now on, I plan on making myself a nice footbath every Sunday night. I know I could do so much more on pampering myself, but for now, my feet is what I will be focusing on.

This was my first week back at work since my long Easterbreak. I was expecting to be tired, but for some reason, it wasn't hard to adjust again at all.

Monday night, I had a latin mix and dance fit class. It was great as always. However, I have weak ankles and hypermobile joints, which resulted in a Tuesday where I could hardly walk. The thing is. For some reasons, the dance fit instructor always wants us to do dance routines with heel and toe positions that I struggle putting my feet into, because of my weak ankles. The problem is. I try my hardest to do them and it doesn't hurt eventhough I struggle. But the next day, I feel the pain that a normal person would feel when positioning the foot in a bad way, leading to an injury... One day too late to stop in time to avoid the injury. The injury I often  So Tuesday morning, I found myself crawling on the floor to save time. The injury I get with my ankles, is basicaly what you would call a sprained ankle. I'm used to this, so I know how to take care of my ankles. I put on my ankle pain relief supports, which I always make sure to use when dancing and doing zumba. That didn't make me walk properly, but it was better than not wearing them. I went to work, and although I walked a lot slower than normal, I was able to do work. When I got home, I had a pain relief tablet, that took some of the pain away, but when I went to bed that night, I still didn't have my proper walk back. I was hoping that a night in bed would work magic, so I would not feel any pain the next morning.

Wednesday the pain was gone and my foot seemed back to normal and I was hoping that I could attend the samba class later that afternoon. I did it and it was so much fun! I signed up for 4 samba classes at the gym, 1 class each Wednesday in May. May 28th. my city has a huge carnival where everyone can attend , so my gym made the samba classes for people to get inspired on how to dance in the parade. I'm not joining the parade, but always go to see it. I love to see how people dress out and especialy love to see how much effort the big troops have put into it. And of course, I love the music. I don't really remember if any of the troops ever danced real samba here in my city... Well, this year, I'll try to keep an eye out for real samba. Well, the samba class was so much fun. I heard that the instructor had actualy been pulled in as a substitut for my Brazilian zumba instructor at the other gym, some weeks ago, so I was looking forward to see who the instructor was and how good she would be. I noticed, that I had seen the instructor before. She has been at some of my latin mix classes, taking notes as if she was in the process of becoming a latin mix instructor. I think she recognised me. I noticed she was wearing shoes from the dance sneakers shop in town, where I also bought mine. To me, the samba class seemed like a normal latin mix class, but with a lot of energy put into it. I didn't spot any of the Brazilian samba steps that we have be practicing at zumba, but who knows.. maybe those will come next time. I think it was a great exercise and told the instructor that she would be a good substitute for our zumba instructor any time.

Friday I had my 2 usual zumba classes. My cousin joined the first class like last Friday. I'm so happy that she also sees zumba as a fun way to work out!
Saturday the instructor was running a bit late, but we're used to that. However, normaly we would just stay there for the extra minutes, but this time, the room was rented out for a book reception, so as the time was 12:05 PM, some old men was standing in the door looking very annoyed with the situation. I always stand in the corner by the door, so I tried talking with the men, but they were not giving in. So I had to think of a creative way to inform our instructor, so I did a little improvised dance to the front of the room where he was, to let him know, that the men had paid money to be in the room now, so we had to end the zumba class in the middle of the last routine and without stretch out. Well, I'm used to leaving a dance class without stretch out and doing my own stretch out in the changing room, so I was ok with it. I did some stretch out afterwards and haven't felt any pain anywhere in my body, so I guess I did ok.

This upcoming week, my schedule looks the same.
Monday: Latin Mix & Dance Fit
Wednesday: Samba
Friday: 2xZumba
Saturday: Zumba

I hope I will always be able to fill out my work out schedule with atlest 6 hours of work out every week. Lately I've had to change my schedule every now and then, and I hope that, one way and the other.

I think it's time for me to take up my feet and rest on the sofa for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment