Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My dance movie collection

These are the dance movies that I currently own. I always loved music and dancing.


I remember going to the movies as a 12-year-old watching "Dirty Dancing" 4 times. It was not so much because of the dancing, but more likely because my friend had a crush on Patrick Swayze (R.I.P.). Of course it rubbed off on me, so much, that I memmorized his licence plate in the movie "SP2201" - ha ha.. I don't think I'll ever forget. Useless knowledge, but oh well.

Later on, "Save the Last Dance" became my favorite movie, and it still is. Funny thing is. They made a "Dirty Dancing 2" and a "Save the Last Dance 2." I prefer the first "Save the Last Dance," but when it comes to "Dirty Dancing," I actualy think the second movie is the best... But that's because of the music. I think I mentioned it before. I'm not that big a fan of old music, and since I've now become aware of salsa and latin music in general, I actualy love "Dirty Dancing 2."

I bought the movie "King of Salsa" thinking it would be a dance movie, but instead it turned out to be about a salsa singer and his wife. Marc Anthony and Jeniffer Lopez are the couple in the movie, as in real life. I like them both as singers.. Especialy this cute song, which is one of my favorite Spanish songs:


I'm missing a couple of movies in my collection, I know.. But eventualy I'm sure I will get them. The Bollywood movie is one that I got from my brother. I love Bollywood music. I love how they use loads of bright colors in the movies, and a lot of singing and dancing. I do have a favorite Bollywood movie, too. "Devdas" - a long and romantic movie.

I remember one summer when my brother would drive around playing Bollywood music in his car, which is sooooo unusual here in denmark. But we had fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment