Saturday, April 16, 2011

2 busy weeks, but slowing down.

It has been 2 busy weeks for me once again. However, Easter i fast approaching and the gyms are closed on holidays, which means a crazy messed up zumba/ dance schedule, that I will try to make work anyway. I'm officialy on my long Spring break as of today, so I'm able to change my schedule for my benefit.

Last Saturday, zumba was cancelled due to a swim contest at the gym, but in the afternoon, I attended an Easter Zumba marathon.. They combined the event with a fashion show of zumba clothes and other dance wear being sold during the event. The professional dancer from the previous zumba event, kicked off the marathon and it was crazy like the last week-end. After her came the fashion show, which basicaly was a bunch of different Instructors, doing each their routine to one song, wearing the various clothes being sold.. Personaly I think it sucked big time.. It was not because of the clothes being displayed this wau, but simply because the instructors were not good enough. It was a mess to see the many different instructors in so short time.. I personaly like to keep an eye out for the good instructors in town, and one song gave me nothing to work with for my research. The stage was just 3 feet tall, which made it impossible to see the instructors feet.. After the fashion show, a couple of the local instructors finished off with an hour of their routines.. By the end of the event, me and one if the girls I was tgere with, were so annoyed and disapointed if the event, that we decided to do our own routines to the songs that we had also been usin in zumba class. The thing is, our Brazilian instructor is so popular, that the other instructors find the music he uses for his routines, but as they can't come up with their own routines like he is, they copy the routines they see on youtube and well.. Go figure, there's how you spot a professional dancer from a regular zumba instructor. All in all, it was an ok event, but at the same time, it was a boring disapointment.. To me, it seemed like a ZIN conference cause I saw sooooo many instructors havung fun.

Wednesday was the last zumba class at the sports arena near my home. I find it strange that a local sports club would close down a huge success till September.. Oh well, atleast I know what to do the rest of the week. We ended the class with another USA tribute battle with me and my cousin in the lead.

Yesterday was two great zumba classes and I'm on my way to two more now. However, it might turn out just to be one, as the instructor mentioned something about the gym only offering one Satyrday class in the future.. But I looked at the online schedule this morning and the second class was still on.. But a lot of people cancelled, so it might just be 10 of us, unless we cancel after the first class.

The instructor asked if we were going out last night, as he would be at the new salsa bar in town.. Well, I'm going out tonight instead, as there is a reggae/ dancehall night in one of the clubs.. It'll be fun and I can't wait to get my groove on! :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment