Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dancing my days away...

Monday was a huge succes. Although I only had 3 day, I managed to arrange a small zumba class with 9 of my zumba friends. I'm pretty satisfied with the turn up, as it was on such short notice. I moved the tables and chairs to make plenty of room for zumba. I also asked my salsa instructotr to give the ladies a preview of the salsa freestyle classes I go to. It was a huge succes. Everyone had so much fun. The zumba instructor made some nice coreographs, but they were far from what we were used to. He used a lot of "aerobic like" moves. It was hard, but we managed. The next day, I could definitely feel which muscles in my body I had been using.

Wednesday, my salsa instructor brought his brother to our salsa class. It's been nice to see how both brothers have been enjoying themselves - teaching eachother things. They took pictures and made videos.

I've decided that I will try to dance more in 2012. I know that I've been very busy with zumba and dance in 2011, but I think I will try to have more fun with it in 2012. I still don't feel ready for couple dancing, so it's hard to find any dance classes where you dance alone. Of course I still want to go to my usual salsa freestyle classes on Wednesdays.. But I also managed to find another class similar to this one. It's a class in "Cuban ladystyling." I have big problems controling my arms when I dance. So I think this class will be perfect for me. I know my salsa instructor is trying to teach us lady styling, but I'm too shy to try infront of him. That's why I think the Cuban ladystyling class is perfect for me. That class is on Tuesdays, so it's perfect that I can go there Tuesdays and show off at his classes Wednesdays. It's a female instructor teaching the lady styling. I told my zumba friends about that class and they also signed up. So starting February, I'll have two salsa classes a week. The zumba instructor I now have at the gym, told us that starting February, there will be new Funk classes at the gym. I like to dance all kinds of dance as long as I can add my own twist to it, so I can't wait to give Funk a try. There are two different kinds of funk classes at the gym. A Funk intro class and a regular Funk class. I will try to stick with both.

Tomorrow I'll go to the latin mix and dance fit classes at the gym, which I haven't been to in almost 2 months. I'm trying to keep a good varity of dancing in my weekly schedule, so I don't stick to one and forget the other. Dancing different style will help me evolve as a dancer. Now, I never wanted to become a dancer. I will always prefer my freestyle, on the spot, dancing.. But I guess it takes a good dancer to come up with something good, right? Never the less, have people always been giving me compliments on my dancing, so actualy learning how to dance, can spice up my dancing, I guess.

This is the schedule I will try to follow for the rest of January:

Monday: Latin Mix & Dance Fit
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Salsa Freestyle (I decided to skip the usual zumba as something better will come in February)
Thursday: Zumba
Friday: Zumba
Saturday:
Sunday: 2 x Zumba

In February my schedule will change into this:

Monday: Latin Mic & Dance Fit
Tuesday: Cuban Ladystyling salsa
Wednesday: Funk Intro & Salsa Freestyle
Thursday: Zumba
Friday: Funk & Zumba
Saturday:
Sunday: 2 x Zumba

Keeping in mind, that I will always listen to my body and take a break from time to time, if the schedule is too much. But it's part of my New Year's Resolution this year. Dancing more will let me have more fun and that's what 2012 is all about!

Happy New year!

No comments:

Post a Comment