Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween and Zumba in the dark

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
I've been busy as always.. I already knew that October was going to be a very busy month because I had 3 big Zumba events that I signed up for. Today is the last day in October. October 31st. - Halloween and yesterday I was at a "Zumba in the Dark" event. I did not expect it to be in the Halloween spirit, but was pleasently surprised when we arived in the arena and saw the stairs being covered in spiders and spider's web. It was a charity event to raise money for kids at the local hospital, diagnosed with cancer. I never saw so many cool decorations at a zumba event before. I forgot to bring my camera, so these are the pictures I was able to take with my iphone.








My new instructor was one of the instructors at the event. Among other instructors was also a woman named Vicki Jo, who has been in our "Dancing with the Stars." Sadly the stage was too short, which always seem to be the case when it comes to zumba events in big arenas. If there are a lot of people there, chances are, you will only get to see the instructors from the waist and up. Anyway, while taking a short break, my instructor came and asked me if I wanted to join her on stage along with some of the other women from her classes. When I heard which song we would be kicking it to, I said ok. It was a boxing version she did to Destiny's Child's "Survivor." I think we were 10 people on stage just shadow boxing... But giving it all our energy. Which is why my arms and back is quite sore today.  It was my first time on a zumba stage, so I'm sure I tried my best to beat the heck out of my invisible enemy. I did go to to hours zumba the next morning, but felt the need to stay at home from latin mix and dance fit tonight. My back simply needs more streching.
Here are some pictures of all of us on stage, that someone posted on facebook http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150381633388530.370299.523803529&type=3
We got some realy nice goodie bags. They were black gym backs with "Zumba in the dark 2011" printed on them. Inside was a bottle of water, an apple, a pen and some realy nice running socks. I always use running socks for zumba. The kind that has mesh on top, so that my feet can breathe.

This morning I saw that Nathan Blake posted his video from the "Pink Saturday" event here in Denmark. you can't realy see me in there, but I am in it for a split second.


I've decided not to go to the zumba class I normaly go to Thursday afternoon. I'm starting to get bored with the same routines over and over again. Seriously, that one instructor has been doing the same routines for months now. It sucks. So I decided to do zumba at home. But then the instructor I have Friday and Sunday said that she will start having classes Thursday at 4 PM! It's perfect! I'll exchange bad zumba with good zumba. Cause like we say... "Life is too short for bad Zumba!" Remember my old zumba class with the Brazilian instructor? Well, a lot of the women were walking around not knowing where they should sign up for new zumba classes. I told them my experiences with good and bad instructors and it has resulted in 11 of us now being in the same gym taking zumba classes together. I like it that we still manage to stay in touch even after our favorite instructor moved to Brazil. I created a facebook group that we use to talk about zumba and that's how we stayed in touch. Our Brazilian instructor is going to visit the country again 14 days in December and he said he would love to do some hard core zumba with us again!! Now we're all waiting for that. He is so talented and we miss him dearly, so it's good to know that he hasn't forgotten about us.
Because there are so many from our old zumba team at the new gym, the instructor is using more and more Brazilian music ;) This is a cute samba that she started using... and she promised me that more Brazilian songs will come.
This past week, I've also had something else on my mind that zumba. My all time fave band NKOTB is going on a European tour next year with BSB under the name NKOTBSB. I've been a fan for more than 20 years, so I'm super excited. However, I never cared much about BSB, but since they come with the package, I have to get used to that. I got tickets for 4 shows in 4 different countries. Crazy, I know.. But at the same time, I look at it as a way of traveling. I'm going to a show in Belfast, Dublin, Rotterdam and Herning. Tickets have been purchased so soon comes the time of ordering flights and hotel rooms. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment