Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Master Class with Nathan Blake


Saturday October 8th. I was at my friend's birthday party. I  could only stay for 2 hours as I was going to the master class with Nathan Blak to collect money for the Danish Susan G. Komen organisation. Every year in October, we have a day called "Pink Saturday" - where various people and organisations collect money for the cure of breast cancer. I wore my "Party in Pink" zumba top.

3 local instructors started off the zumba marathon/ master class... After them came a Swedish mom & daughter instructor couple. They were great. Lena and Amina was their names. They did a master class and after them, Nathan Blake did a master class. It was my 3rd. master class with Nathan. He's always a lot of fun and very different from others. He asked Amina to join him and here's a clip Lena put out on youtube
I took a couple of pictures, but didn't take a picture with me and him.. Oh well, I guess I could get another chance since he's already been here 3 times in one year... He must like the city ;) The next morning, as I was on my way to zumba, I actualy saw him dragging his trolley to the train. I was still kinda sleepy, so didn't even say good morning to him, which I regret. Sent him an apoligy on facebook to make up for it.
Here are my pictures from the master class:




we collected 30.000dkr. or 5.530$ for the cure of breast cancer that day! Last year we collected more, but more people came that time.. So all in all, I think it was a great achievement.










October 29th. I might be putting on my "Party in Pink" top again. This time we will raise money for the local children's cancer ward at the local hospital.. One of the instructors is known from the Danish version of "Dancing with the Stars." My new instructor is also among the instructors that evening. I think it will be a lot of fun. My salsa instructor also invited me to a Latin Halloween Party that evening. It would be a lot of fun, but I don't know if I have the energy for it.

Lately I've been having a zumba song stuck on my mind... I didn't know the title of it, so I asked my previous instructor in Brazil. This is the song that I've had on my mind lately. It's a very cute samba song, that Beto used when he was here in Denmark.


As you can see, Beto invited Brasilian people up on stage to dance with him. He was surprised with the many Brasilians in Denmark. I know the sound is horrible in the clip... So here is a better version of the song, but I thought you should get the chance of watching Beto.
We actualy use the song at the local sport arena, that is close to where I live. Maybe that's why it's stuck on my mind now? Well, zumba is cancelled for 2 weeks at that place, as the arena will be used for other sport turnaments. Good thing I have 2 other places to get my zumba fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment