Sunday, July 31, 2011

Reggaeton, Anniversarry, terror and my birthday and showing off arms.

It's amazing how times seems to go by so fast this summer. So much has happened since the last time I blogged 15 days ago. So many good things has happened, but bad things also took place within this short period of time.

Saturday, July 16th., I started off the day, by going to an early zumba class at the new gym. In the evening, I went to a reggaeton class by Karelia, who's a former world champion in salsa with her dance partner Marek. This is the type of reggaeton she was teaching. Not quite the same, but something similar.
There was so many people there, as the couple had just been teaching a salsa class. A lot of sweaty and smelly men was there, but hey... Danish men dancing, is not something you will see every day, so more power to them! :) Reggaeton was at the "Havana Nights" club. I like the place and the people, but for someone like me, who never danced with a partner, I can't join their many dance classes. But reggaeton does not require a dance partner, which is why I like to come for those.

The following week, I was too busy for zumba, but I did join the sals class Wednesday evening.

Thursday, my brother and my uncle stopped by my work. We had to create a long door wreath for my parents anniversarry the next day. Yes, planning the anniversarry is what has kept me busy ever since I returned from my vacation. After work, me and my brother drove to my parents' summer home, where the party would be held in a party tent the next day. We helped with the decorations, tested out the stereo and in the end, before leaving, we wrapped the windows in silver foil, to avoid my parents peeping out, when my aunt and uncle would be hanging up the door wreath early in the morning. My brother and I arranged for some musicians to accompany us with some songs, to wake up our parents, as the tradition calls for here in Denmark. Sadly, not many couples stay together to last a 25th. anniversarry, so I never attended one before.

Waking up my parents went according to the plan. 25 family members showed up at 7 o'clock to wake them up.
The party was a huge succes. Although it was raining the entire day, we all had a great time and kept dry in the tent. Only at one point, late in the evening, a major shower hit in and we had to turn up the volume of the stereo, which of couse, caused a bad fuse or something. The stereo died. Luckily me and my brother were able to connect another stereo and the party could go on.

At one point, I checked the news page from my iphone and read about the bomb in Norway, thinking it was probable one crazy man's work. Maybe he got fired from his job and wanted to put the blame on something. It's happened before, that people do crazy things when they lose their job or wellfare money. Well, little did I know of the crazy injustice that was realy taking place in Oslo, Norway. But when the last guests had gone home and we decided to leave the mess in the tent for the next day, we read on text tv, about the many people being shut at Utøya and was in dispair. The next morning we all saw the special news all morning. It was awful. So heartbreaking to hear the survivors talk about what had happened. Yes, I did get tears in my eyes. I was sure it had more to do about religion that politics. It's true what they say. When being among other people, never talk about politics or religion as it will always cause drama. This guy could not keep his mouth shut and let to terror in the end. This kind of terror, I would describe as opposite terror. He didn't do it to harm people of a different religion. He did it to open up the eyes of the people he was harming. His own people. People who shared his religion, yet not his political point of view. So sad!

Back to something positive. Wednesday this week, I joined the salsa class again. Although we're still not a full group there, I know that more people will show. In fact, I saw 3 new faces there already.

Thursday was my birthday, and as always, I took the day off. I went shopping in town for a bit. Treated myself to sluch ice at 7/11 and strawberry milkshake at Mc Doalds. Things I only do on special occasions. Mc Donald is just across the street from where I lived for the past 15 years, yet I only go there once or twice a year. In the afternoon I went on a ride with my parents and my 2 grand mothers. We usualy have a big party at the summer home, but since everyone was just there for the anniversarry. This year I had no party. Instead we went to a small beach town and had coffee and cake.



I just sent invitations for my friends to come celebrate my birthday with a "Pink Party" on August 20th. It's been hard to find a date that would suit everybody, but I hope I nailed it.

Today I attened a special zumba event at the "Havana Nights" club. An instructor couple had come to town and in a effort to teach some zumba while they were in town, they came to the club. Sadly, in the summer period, it's hard to fill up a class. We were suppose to be 20, but only 7 showed. We had a blast and I sweat so much. I don't know if it's because I put so much energy into my movements or if it's because the other people don't put any energy in it. I think I was the only zumbanista there, apart from the female zumba instructor who's due date is in 3 weeks. He husband is from Cuba, which showed. He took over whenever his wife with the big belly needed a rest. They were realy nice and came over to talk with us before and after the class. I'll write down their names here, so I won't forget. You never know when they show up on a big poster ;) I give Santiago Sotolongo Lomba and Louise thumbs up for their zumba :) Btw. I always use http://www.zumba.com/ to look up information on the instructors I see.. Just a hint.

I talked with the female instructor about the lack of quailfied instructors. We agreed that the best instructors are those who used to teach dance and not aerobics/ gymnastics.. Cause Zumba is all about dancing while doing the work out moves.. Which reminds me! I'm very proud of myself. Today, for the first time ever, I wore my "Crazy Happy" zumba t-shirts without the usual 3/4 sleeve underneath. I'm finaly ready to show my arms, although they still scream "Bingo arms" - after one year of doing zumba, the bingo arms have vanished to almost nothing. Next goal is, to make me feel good enough to wear the racer back tops. That won't happen any time soon, but as long as there is zumba, there is hope :)


No comments:

Post a Comment