Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zumba, Michael Jackson and more dance

It's been a busy week, however, zumba was cancelled Wednesday due to another arrangement in the stadium.

Monday I had a class of latin mix and dance fit at the gym.. I can't remember when I have been sweating as much as I did then. It was a great work out, but I think my Ufo pants were a wrong solution that day. I will remember not to wear them again for a 2 hour work out.

Tuesday I had a dance fit class in the other gym. The instructors use 2 different types of music.. Hip hop/ dance and house. I personaly prefer hiphop, but when it comes to the dance routines that the instructors come up with, I prefer the house steps on Mondays.

Thursday night, I went to see a Danish ballet company. They have a show about Michael Jackon's life, from childhood to death. The titel of the show is "Michael, I'm Bad."
http://www.schaufuss.com/pages/artikel.asp?articleguid=30601
It was my first ever ballet, but I love dancing, so I decided it would be a once ina lifetime experience. My favorite movie is "Save the Last Dance" about The young girl Sarah who gives up ballet after her mom died in an accident.. Then she moves to her father in Chicago where the majority dance hiphop. She finds a friend who inspires her to persue her dream of going to the famous dance accademy Julliard. She dance contemporary ballet on stage before the judges and gets accepted. Yeah, that's how I know the little I do about ballet. My Brazilian zumba instructor also teaches at the Royal Danish Ballet. The "Michael, I'm Bad" ballet was a great experience. We had great seats. They used Michael's songs and interviews to tell the story of the young boy growing up and trying to keep the spirit of a child through Peter Pan. Occasionaly 16 ballet dancers would be on stage at the same time. You would think it was impossible, but it worked so well! It was contemporary ballet with traditional ballet. All in all a very good experience!


Yesterday I had my 2 hours of zumba and the instructor gave us great news. Not only will there be an extra zumba class on Saturdays. They will also start a Funk dance class for those, like me, who love dancing. I think I'm about to have the Spring of my life here :) I may be in my thirties, but I feel as if This time is better than my twenties!

Now it's Saturday morning and I'm on my way to Zumba again. Gotta love staying active!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment