Thursday, February 17, 2011

What was I suppose to do when the favorite Zumba instructor took off to Brazil?

February 4th. was the last real zumba class in a while. My instructor had to go to Brazil for 3-4 weeks, to do dance work shops. So what was I suppose to do? Well, my normal schedule had already been changed, so I figured I could put in some more changes, to try to adjust to the new ones.

Monday I have my usual Latin Mix class, which I followed up by a Dance fit (club dance) class. Tuesday I would normaly have a class of zamba.. But to make up for the loss of my 3 weekly zumba classes, I started going to my old gym for a class of latin mix and dance fit on Tuesdays.

Saturday evening I went out clubbing with my friends to do some more dancing. It was a Reggae and Dancehall party in the club and I decided to bust off some of the zumba routines, just for the fun of it.

That was one week gone by with no zumba and I didn't even feel the loss.

Because I'm so active, I also allow myself to skip a few classes if I feel I need to. Monday this week, I decided not to go to any of my scheduled classes because it was so cold and windy, that I decided it was time to stay at home under the blankets and relax. I knew something else was on the menu for this week. Tuesday I went to a class of latin mix and dance fit. I saw a small text in a newspaper saying that the local sport's club was offering zumba every Wednesday. The sport's club is my neighbor and I can see it from my window, so I thought it was like a prayer being answered! I went there Wednesday. Now it might not be the best zumba class I attended, but it gave me sweat on the forehead, which is all that counts for me. I found it so amusing to see all the women from my neighborhood enjoy themselves so much. It makes me happy to see women of all ages have fun! I already signed up for a class next week.
Saturday I'm going to a dance event at one of the gyms. I'll be dancing for 1½ hour, so although I skipped some classes this week, I will end up having danced for 4½ hour, which I'm very proud about.

Next week I have a busy schedule, too and that's how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment