Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering New York and 9/11.

I skipped zumba today, to stay on the sofa watching the 9/11 Memorial live on tv.

I was in New York 1½ month before the 9/11. July 28th. 2001, I celebrated my birthday by taking a guided tour on a bus in New York. The bus took us under the WTC. We headed to the Statue of Liberty, where we took pictures with the Manhattan Skyline and WTC in the background.
 Picture taken from the Empire State Building,  July 2001

10 years later, July 2011, I returned to New York.
Me at the Empire State Building, July 2011... The WTC is no longer in the sky line

In July 2011, Ground Zero still had major construction work going on.

Watching the Memorial on tv today, I was pleased to see that the memorial park is now ready for use.


I guess I have to go back to New York some day, so I can actualy see the park and not just the cardboard template from the 9/11 Memorial museum!

R.I.P. to everyone who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment