Thursday, July 29, 2010

The start of a new era...

This is another atempt of me actualy having a blog. I personaly love reading other people's blogs because I find it very amusing how other people live their lifes.. So this is my life and you're welcome to follow my life.

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 34 years old and decided that today would be a perfect day to start something new.¨

I'm currently on a diet.. Well, change of lifestyle, I guess you could call it. I watch what I eat and try to be healthy. From January 2008 to January 2009, I lost 30kg. (66,14 lbs).. In 2009 I got lazy around my health and started putting on weight..

In April 2010, I attended my friend's bachelorette party. When I saw the pictures from that day, I decided to go back to my healthy lifestyle again.. Motivation being, I did not want to end up on pictures from my friend's wedding, looking chubby.. So a couple of days later, I started my healthy lifestyle again... which means, no candy or bread and a normal healthy thinking about food.. What's good for you and what's not.. It had worked before, so I knew I could do it again!

I did lose weight before the wedding in June.. I lost about 8 kg. (17,64 lbs).. But That was not enough for me. I wanted to give myself one year to lose as much weight as possible, just like I had done it in 2008-2009. Not saying I will lose another 30kg. (66,14lbs), but as much as possible, is the plan.
June 22nd., another friend invited me to join her at a zumba class.. And let me tell you. Zumba is my new obsession and the tool I have been looking for all my life, to slim down! I love to dance at clubs. Yes, I'm 34 years old, but I still love to go to clubs, just to shake my talefeather.. and since I'm single, I think it's definitely ok to do that once in a while.

I loved Zumba and made sure to join the next class, and the next one and the next one. Since I started doing zumba, I lost about 4 kg. (8,82 lbs.)..

I used to go to the gym once a week, burning 500 calories at the wave machine in 30 minutes followed by weights in 30 minutes.. But it didn't show much on the weight. Instead my thigs seemed to get bigger, which was not what I wanted. With zumba, I burn calories and lose the fat on my thigs and my arms.. But I must say, my stomach has never been so flat before either.. Cause like the instructor said "every dancestep you do, is a push up" and it's true.. Zumba really works!
People are (finaly) starting to notice and commenting my weightloss again, and it's only been 3 months.. I can't imagine what the result is gonna be like in 9 months, but I'm sure I will like it.

Today, the scale showed a weightloss of 12,7kg. ( 28 lbs.) and my muscle percentage had finaly gone up by 1 %.
I'm off work this week, so I was able to join the morning zumba classes at the gym. But on a regular basis, I go to 2 zumba classes a week. I gained so much energy from zumba, that I could easily do a class every day.. If only it would work around my schedule.. I'll try to do something about that in the near future, even if it means I have to go to different gyms.. Cause zumba is doing so many good things for me!

(7/29/2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment