Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nathan Blake workshop


I never got around to tell you about the Nathan Blake dance Work shop in May. The workshop was in one of the studios offering zumba in town. It had been a while since I was last there, since I am signed up in another gym. I like that the zumba comunity is always connecting and sharing the news if a workshop or master class is being held. That way everyone can join them.

My own instructor joined the workshop as well and 2 other women from my gym came along. The Work shop was great, but I will never get used to zumba with no mirrors as I'm so used to watching the instructor from the back, which makes it easier for me. My biggest problem is turning around to the right side. I always end up going to the wrong side, if there are no mirrors. I recon people who're used to no mirrors, will have trouble if they're with an instructor having his back to them as well.

Nathan Blake has his eyes on everybody and you can be sure that he will tell you to try harder, if he thinks you can do more. He does not point at you or call your name, he just stare at you and makes a body language meant for you to copy. He also gave special instructions for the ZINs giving them tips as to how to make the routines work in the classes and tips for "all the dancers" as to how they could play a bit more with the movements. I concider myself a dancer, eventhough I never took an actual dance class, but I always like to play with my movement, so I gave it my best.
 
When the workshop was over, we made a Group Photo, which I actualy never got to see.. Spontaniously, people started singing and Nate made a video for his youtube chanel.
I felt so energized leaving the workshop, that I decided to walk to town, which really wasn't that long a walk, but it felt good knowing that I just burnt off a lot of calories and still was able to walk off some.

No comments:

Post a Comment